Who We Are
The Calaveras County Garden Club, Inc. was organized in 1940 as the “Calaveras Garden Club”. The Club was inactive 1942-1946 and in 1947 became affiliated with California Garden Club, Inc. and Valley Lode District. On December 4, 1962 the Club was incorporated as Calaveras County Garden Club, Inc. In February, 1997, the Club celebrated its 50th year of affiliation with California Garden Clubs, Inc. and National Council of State Garden Clubs, Inc. On June 20, 2014 we celebrated our 70th anniversary.
Through the years CCGC has contributed both financially and physically to many projects which have resulted in the improvement, beautification, and preservation of Calaveras County.
- Learn more about our projects »
Members are dedicated to learning and sharing knowledge about horticulture, ecology and conservation. We are proud of who we are and what we do for our Calaveras community.
- See our calendar for upcoming events »
In addition to our regular meetings, CCGC organizes a number of special events for our members and the community.
- Send us a note »
Guests are welcome at CCGC meetings by reservation. Just contact us if you would like attend one of our meetings or want more information about the club and our activities.
- Get the latest club newsletter »
Our club newsletter, “Quail Tales”, is published quarterly. It includes details about club meetings, events, projects and activities, member news, photos and gardening tips and tricks.
The Club flower is the Pacific Dogwood, Cornus nuttallii, which is prolific in our county.
- President: Linn Pillsbury
- First Vice President: Laura Baughman & Willi Krauss
- Second Vice President: Sharon Norris & Kris Pedroncelli
- Secretary: Sandy Sharum
- Treasurer: Candy Myers