What we do…
- Arbor Day Celebration
Club sponsors a community celebration and tree planting.
- Artistic Design Flower Arranging Workshops
Workdays are scheduled throughout the year for those willing to get their hands dirty and their spirits lifted. Members are encouraged to identify public areas in our county where we can make a difference. Current CCGC activities include:
– Restoring the Heritage Rose Garden at the Calaveras County Fairgrounds (Frogtown). See more information on Heritage Roses:
– Providing funding to help save and restore the heritage Walnut trees in Mt Ranch
– Purchasing and maintaining the Blue Star Memorial Marker at the Calaveras Visitors Center in downtown Angels Camp. The Blue Star Marker pays tribute to Men and Women who served in the armed forces.
– Continuing to assist with planting and weeding the landscape around the Calaveras County Visitors Center
- Community Service
Our members are assisting with planting and weeding the vegetable garden for the Resource Connection’s Food Bank.
- Flower Show
Our club coordinates and competes in the Northern California Daffodil Society Flower Show every March at Ironstone Vineyards in Murphys. See winning entries from the 2015 Flower Show »
- Market Rewards:
Members use their SaveMart Shares cards or save and turn in receipts from Angels Market, Big Trees Market, Sierra Hills Market and Calaveras Lumber. These merchants generously give back a percentage of purchases to our Club.
- Penny Pines
Members donate monies to the USDA Forest Service at each meeting to purchase pine seedling plantations that will be used to reforest the Stanislaus National Forest after fires. Learn more about Penny Pines »
Three $3000 scholarships are awarded in 2016 to graduating seniors from the local high schools who have horticulture or environmentally related education goals.
Tours of private and public gardens and locations of interest are coordinated for Club members.
Various workshops are offered to members throughout the Club year. Check our calendar for topics, dates and locations.